Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Getting back into the swing of things


Well it has been awhile since I have updated. My excuse is that I left my camera at my sisters forever ago. I only got it back right before Christmas.

Just a quick update Our Christmas went really smooth although it was a little different than what were use to.

1. I did all my shopping online which means no waiting in lines. That is a great thing. I got everything I needed delivered to my door you cant beat that.

2. My mother just moved to California. Not having Christmas dinner at her house was very weird. what is even worse is that it was at my house that makes me feel very old. We missed her lots.

3. Derek's parents are serving a mission in Pennsylvania so we were not able to go see them and do are fun events that we do every year. They were missed greatly. It has been a great blessing to us that they have chose to serve a mission. It has taught are children so much about missionaries and the great things they do and the many blessings it can bring into someone life. We love you and have been so blessed by your great example.

Other then all those changes are Christmas was great. I have to say it is nice to be over. We are now just getting back into the swing of things. Haley is back in school and loving it. She is doing great. we just love her tons. she is a joy in are life. Mckenzie just started dance and just loves it. we still need to work on how to skip ( that's funny to watch) but hopefully she'll get it. She is such a joy and always keeps us laughing. We love her great spirit. Drayten is my little terror into everything throwing everything and even more funny harassing the girls. He already gets locked out of there room when there playing (how rude.) He is my little man and we love him tons.

As for Derek and I we are just living life working and being mom. People say these are that best years of are lives. We just try to enjoy every minute that we can.
Here are some pictures that I thought you might enjoy.




Are cute kids for Christmas

I thought that was a beautiful picture of Mckenzie

Mckenzie and her best friend inseparable

Drayten taking a ride on the Vacuum He loves it.

Sorry its side ways I forgot to flip it. It the girls and there new favorite thing to do.

9 comments:

The Peake Family said...

April, wow they are so big!! When I left you were still prego with Drayton. They are beautiful. Sorry we didnt get together for Christmas, I will see ya this spring. Sum

Misti Lee said...

I am glad that you have finally updated. I need to come over.

Unknown said...

Hurray, an update! Good for you.

Jan said...

Finally April! The kids' christmas pictures are beautiful!!! Did you take them?
We need to get together and hang out soon...

JeriLyn said...

That picture of Drayton on the vacuum is hilarious. He's awesome! And, wow, I can't believe that Kenzie can even ice skate! Go Kenz! Beautiful pictures of beautiful kids.

Unknown said...

I tagged you, you can go to my blog to find your instructions.

Jeremy Stilson said...

Derek, I was looking around for other Stilsons and came across your blog. You have cute kids! We started a blog not too long ago. saltlakestilsons.blogspot.com (thestilsons.blogspot was already taken!!) p.s. Thanks for taking it easy on us the other night in softball.

Jade said...

April! I never would have recognized your kids. They have changed so much. What a cute family. I hope that all is going well. Jade

McKelle said...

Hey April, I don't know that you remember me but I'm Derek's cousin from Orangeville but I live in Phoenix now. I found your blog through JeriLyn's. You guys have dang cute kids! Glad you're doing well!! Tell Derek HI!